[asterisk-users] Asterisk and rawplayer

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Thu Nov 6 03:23:44 CST 2008

BJ Weschke wrote:

> Ade Vickers wrote:

Hm, I was ideally looking for something with no code modifications; e.g. a
"phantom" channel which simply played music to itself, setup when Asterisk
starts, or even with manual intervention (e.g. I dial a number, and
rawplayer starts up).

>  Are you really resetting Asterisk that much that this
> becomes a problem? If so, why?

My Asterisk install is mainly used for inter-office communications, allowing
the Spanish branch to use the UK landline, and testing/experimentation. As
such, I frequently do things which require a full restart, or I get it
tangled up to the point where it needs a restart. The hold music rarely
plays, but because rawplayer always picks the files in the same order, it's
almost always track 1 that's playing when I *do* put someone on hold, or
whatever; I'd prefer it to be a random start point.

Cheers!
Ade.