[asterisk-users] Phishing attempt

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:52:27 CST 2008

actually you make a good point.  I did not opt-in either (at least that I
know of or remember) so this IS unsolicited commercial email (UCE).  Gmail
did not place this in my spam folder, so that's by no means universal.  The
link that says "visit our website", supposedly digium.com,  links
elsewhere.  I see thes 2 issues as the major problem with this email even
though it originated from digium servers.  The unsubscribe link also sends a
string of likely identifying information to a third party but that's sort of
needed to know who to unsubscribe.  The issue here is that it's sent to a
third party that I have no idea who is nor what they do with the data and
that they now have verified my email address as valid.

Eric