[asterisk-users] Phishing attempt

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Wed Nov 5 12:26:19 CST 2008

John Todd schrieb:
> On Nov 5, 2008, at 7:26 AM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

>> I /just/ received what looks like a phishing attempt for information
>> about Open Source PBX usage.  It says it comes from Digium but all the
>> links (including the one for digium.com) point elsewhere.

>    Sorry if that message you received seemed unusual or unexpected
> because of the URL format.  You can opt-out at the bottom of the
> emailings in the future if you wish

There are 2 problems about that: I didn't opt-in in the first place
(=> UCE) and the opt-out URL includes phishing data as well (which
even goes to a 3rd party) so in fact I can't opt-out without
divulging private information.

However that's not really a problem because Google Mail puts these
messages into the Spam folder anyway.

   Philipp Kempgen

--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com