[asterisk-users] Phishing attempt

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Nov 5 09:46:59 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org>wrote:

> FYI/Heads up,
>
> I /just/ received what looks like a phishing attempt for information
> about Open Source PBX usage.  It says it comes from Digium but all the
> links (including the one for digium.com) point elsewhere.
>

> Rod
> --

I doubt it is a "Phishing Attempt", there are many free (or paid) survey
websites that make creating surveys extremely easy, rather than coding and
hosting the survey yourself.  I see it all the time.

Anyways, it asks for nothing but usage statistics, so I am not sure what
they are "Phishing" for?  Obviously, they already have your email, I guess
they could get your IP and usage stats......  Harmless in my opinion, I am
99.9% sure it is from Diigium but even if not, I would answer the same
questions if it were a survey from anyone in the community.  I just would
not like the direct delivery method rather than the list.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro