[asterisk-users] twice normal beep before busy tone ??

Stefan Guenther asterisk02 at in-put.de
Wed Nov 5 01:43:19 CST 2008

Hi Rob,

>Also try without the "r" option to the dial command:
>
>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+dial
>
>Rob

After I removed the "r" option I now nearly immediately get the busy tone.

BUT: The wiki says "Without this option, Asterisk will generate ring
tones automatically where it is appropriate to do so; however". What
does appropriate mean?? After removing the "r" Asterisk starts playing
the ring tone, when the called phone starts ringing. When the called
phone is a cell phone, this takes up to 3 seconds. During this time,
there is silence!

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther