[asterisk-users] Blank Voicemail.Conf after Password Change

Leah Newmark lnewmark at capalon.com
Tue Nov 4 12:37:03 CST 2008

Thanks!
Apparently, I forgot to mention our version running is 1.2.13
Is the coding similar enough to give it a shot?

(Perhaps it's time to upgrade...)

I really appreciate the assistance.

LN

asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:

Message: 12 Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:11:10 -0600 From: Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Blank
Voicemail.Conf after Password Change To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List -
Non-Commercial Discussion" <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> Message-ID:
<200811031511.11495.tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" On Monday 03 November 2008 12:19:31
Leah Newmark wrote:

> > The directory is owned by asterisk and permissions seem fine there too:
> > drwxrwxr-x 9 asterisk asterisk 3072 2008-11-03 13:12 .
> >
> > I never see a voicemail.conf.new created. I have done a locate on the
> > whole server and don't see a blank one there either which might be
> > causing any confusion.

In 1.4, it no longer creates any such file.  Instead, it creates a randomly
named file, designed to be unique, starting with "voicemail.conf." and
ending with 6 random characters.

> > ps xaguwww confirms asterisk is running as UID asterisk:
> > asterisk 24560  1.0  3.1  50648 32692 ?        Ssl  Oct02 506:35
> > /usr/sbin/asterisk -U asterisk
> >
> > I see that it's been up for a while, and I'm wondering if that coincides
> > with when we started noticing this behavior. I'd have to restart
> > asterisk to use strace, but restarting for all I know might help...
> >
> > Any other input before I do so?

Please try the following patch:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13831