[asterisk-users] Ztdummy and Asterisk

Aldo D. Sudak adsudak at fullzero.com.ar
Mon Nov 3 14:29:56 CST 2008

Hi again,

Thanks for your answer, Stefan. In fact, ztcfg is automatically running from the
startup script. Anyhow this seems harmless and not the cause of the problem. I have
confirmed this with two other Asterisk servers, both having a zaptel card installed
in them, but one running the same Debian Etch OS as the troublesome machine, and
the other one running Fedora Core 6. In both cases I restricted the zaptel modules
loaded to just ztdummy and modified zaptel.conf in order not to configure anything.
Then I restarted zaptel and attempted to start Asterisk. In the first case I obtained
the same error message as I reported before. In the case of the machine running
Fedora, Asterisk started normally (and it's worth to say that ztcfg does also
automatically run in it). So it is apparent that the problem involves Debian.

Greetings.

Aldo Sudak