[asterisk-users] SPA3102 interdigit timers bug?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:20:22 CST 2008

2008/11/1 Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo <rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo>:
> Hi. I have a SPA3102 updated with with Software Version: 5.1.7(GW).
>
> I have this settings on Voice/Regional:
>
> Interdigit Long Timer:  10
> Interdigit Short Timer: 3
>
> Anyway, when hooking up (without dialing anything), the timeout starts
> after 3 seconds. It's like the Long Timer is unused. After dialing, the
> Short Timer is also used to timeout.
>
> Is that normal? Am I missing something?

I found this only last week... The problem is not the short timer, it
is the dialtone audio definition (top of the same page IIRC). If you
look at the tone definition for "Dialtone"  it is only a few seconds
long. When it runs out, the call is disconnected. I have lengthened
our dialtone pattern to 50 seconds, and the long timer to 60 seconds,
which works here.

Regards,
Steve