[asterisk-users] asterisk and bigmem kernel

Edgar Guadamuz eguadamuz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 22:03:12 CST 2008

Hi all,

I installed asterisk 1.4.22 on a Dell poweredge 2950, with 4GB RAM. I used
debian, but the default kernel doesn't recognize the 4GB, just 3, so I
installled the linux-image-2.6.18-6-686-bigmem kernel, that do recognize the
whole 4GB. Asterisk seems to be installed correctly, but I had two issues:
(1) I had an error with zaptel. Asterisk didn't start with zaptel modules
loaded. I had to rmmod zaptel to get asterisk running. (2) SIP doesn't
work....

Has anybody worked successfully with this kernel??