[asterisk-users] Polycom 430 no hangup after SIP BYE, Status 481 instead

Joel Pearson joel.pearson+asterisk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:16:20 CST 2008

Hi,

I have a really strange problem with a Polycom 430 phone and Asterisk
1.4.20.

Currently If I dial the Polycom from my mobile phone answer the call on the
Polycom and then hangup the mobile the call ends fine on the Polycom.
But if I call from the Polycom to my mobile and then I hang up the mobile
the Polycom thinks the call is still active.

However doing a show sip channels shows the the call has ended.

Further to that doing a tcpdump shows that Asterisk sends a SIP BYE to the
phone but the phone responds with:
Status 481 Call Leg/Transaction does not exist.

The Polycom is currently associated with 2 sip servers (using 2 lines on the
phone) because I am currently in the progress of migrating from one server
to another.

So the asterisk server is having issues with is on Line 2 and it works
perfectly well on Line 1 with a completely different Asterisk server running
1.4.16.2.

I haven't tried switching the lines around to see if its just a problem with
it being on Line 2.

The Polycom is running the latest Bootrom and Sip version.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Cheers,

-Joel