[asterisk-users] IAX2 hardware video phone

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Sat May 31 10:40:27 CDT 2008

On 05/31/08 19:57, Rob Hillis wrote:
>Joseph wrote:
>> Are there any hardware video phone that supports IAX2?
>>

>Only one of the better known brands have a video phone that I'm aware
>of, and that's certainly not IAX2 compatible.  For that matter, none of
>the better known brands have a phone (video or otherwise) that is IAX2
>compatible.
>
>I'm not aware of any of the less known brands that have a phone that
>fits your needs - and to be perfectly honest, I'd be /very/ careful
>about going with the less known brands even if they did have something
>that fitted your needs -  from what I've seen, there's a reason the
>better known brand are better known - with the exception of Grandstream,
>they're more likely to work reliably for you.

There are not many options to chose from when it comes to video phone in decent price range.

The only option I have seen is Grandstream GXV3000; it works with Asterisk but it is SIP phone.
So to traverse the firewall using "IAX2" I need to connect it to an internal asterisk box or make a "Swiss cheese"
out of a firewall.

--
#Joseph