[asterisk-users] Cisco Gateway sending call to * without CID Name

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:19:56 CDT 2008

You can not send caller ID name through the outgoing calls. You need
to engage the telco and tell them to set up the number-to-name
associations. Then you just send the right number and basically they
set the caller ID name for you (yes I know technically the name isn't
transmitted end-to-end as part of the call flow, your carrier sets it
in their LIDB ... so on and so forth)

For the inbound calls (from PSTN to your Cisco) have you made sure in
your config you have:

isdn supp-service name calling

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/sip/configuration/guide/chapter9.html#wp1063971

Wait() will never affect the caller ID on ISDN channels. That
information is transmitted instantaneously as part of the call setup.