[asterisk-users] Cisco Gateway sending call to * without CID Name

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Thu May 29 16:33:22 CDT 2008

The Cisco gives you some level of flexability like have CallerID name
NOT work!!!

If this is not a production enviorment I would see about setting up the
Asterisk box with a PRI and seeing if the Telco is ACTUALLY sending you
the CID name in the Facility.  It is weird that you are not getting it
at the Cisco.

The Wait(1) is only needed if the asterisk box has the PRI on it. As the
SIP invite should have all of the info BEFORE sending it to the Asterisk
box.  Kris talked about the Cisco sending it two ways I would tend to
configure it to WAIT for CID Name before placing the SIP call...

Alex

CID
> Name
>
> So lemme get this straight:
>
> PBX <-----PRI ------> Cisco2600 <--------SIP--------> Asterisk
>
> Any reason not to eliminate the Cisco?
>
> Either way, as a workaround you could add a Set(Callerid(name)=Your
> Name) to the asterisk dialplan
>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a Cisco 2600 PRI gateway being hosted on an Asterisk server.
> > The PRI on the cisco is pointing to a customer legacy PBX, the SIP
> > VoIP side of the cisco is pointing to an Asterisk server (1.2.X).
> >
> > In Asterisk, the SIP peer is setup with callerid="some
name"<5551212>