[asterisk-users] Asterisk just stops working...

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu May 29 08:53:38 CDT 2008

Maybe you should play around with FreeSwitch.  It was written because
of deadlocks and the issues that have been around since the the
beginning....

http://www.freeswitch.org/node/117

"That's when I first heard it. That word. The one I can never forget, deadlock.

That was the first time, but it wasn't the last. I learned all about
the GNU debugger that day and it was just the first of many incidents.
Deadlock in the queue app. Deadlock in the manager, Avoiding Deadlock
on my console. It was starting to get to me a little but I kept going.
By this time I was also quite familiar with the term Segmentation
Fault another foe to the computer developer. After about a year's time
wrestling with bugs I found myself a lot more well-versed in the C
programming language than I even imagined and near Jedi caliber
debugging skills.

...We've all seen the infamous "Avoiding initial deadlock" message
which essentially is an attempt to lock a channel 10 times and if
still won't lock, just go ahead and forget about the lock."

Thanks,
Steve Totaro