[asterisk-users] transferring a not yet answered call

gincantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Thu May 29 05:00:14 CDT 2008

Hi Ex Vito,

I took a look at some wiki pages about the command you suggest but the
redirection seems to be possible with bridged calls only (for example
two calls to a conference room).
I tried to do it with the .call file but it is like a blind call while
the secretary needs to hear the available tone of the called phone
before redirecting the ringing channel to the boss phone so I abandoned
this method.

Moreover...how can your secretary transfer a ringing channel to you?  I
made some tests with my SIP hard-phone but it is not possible to use *7,
# or the transfer button on the phone when calling. How can you
secretary (if you are so lucky to have one!) to transfer with her phone?

Giorgio