[asterisk-users] Asterisk just stops working...

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu May 29 03:58:24 CDT 2008

In article <1212037561.1479.25.camel at faraz-desktop>,
Faraz R. Khan <faraz.khan at emergen.biz> wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong- but isn't Asterisk deadlocking a common
> problem? My experience has been that different versions have different
> deadlocking problems, but none of them can run say for 10-11 months
> without a restart. Is it something that I do wrong in my deployments?

bridge07*CLI> show version
Asterisk CVS-v1-0-12/09/04-12:22:59 built by root at bridge05 on a i686 running Linux
bridge07*CLI> show uptime
System uptime: 1 year, 11 weeks, 1 day, 23 hours, 24 minutes, 8 seconds

This is one of eight Asterisk 1.0 systems that have been running continuously
since late 2004, using PRI lines and Meetme conferences. I can't remember
ever having Asterisk lock up on them.

I have had similar experience with systems based on 1.2. However, there are
many parts of Asterisk my products don't use, such as agents and queues.

I have yet to put 1.4 into production, although I expect to do so soon.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield