[asterisk-users] Asterisk just stops working...

Faraz R. Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Thu May 29 00:06:01 CDT 2008

Correct me if I am wrong- but isn't Asterisk deadlocking a common
problem? My experience has been that different versions have different
deadlocking problems, but none of them can run say for 10-11 months
without a restart. Is it something that I do wrong in my deployments?

In hopes to help the deadlocking, I have turned batch CDRs on- removed
all unneccessary modules, reduced logging/debugging of Asterisk and AGIs
to zero. That certainly helps the situation, but doesnt permanently fix
it.

I've even had ABE lock up on me twice in a 6 month period on relatively
low load. And I have had asterisk 1.2.12.1 deadlock on me almost monthly
on a 400 user client. Switching to 1.2.26 helped a lot, now it only
deadlocks once every 4-5 months :)