[asterisk-users] Card loading order...

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue May 27 16:27:01 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:18:00AM -0500, Shaun Ruffell wrote:
>> Matt Watson wrote:
>>>>
>>> Probably you have the modules listed somewhere else that they are getting
>>> loaded from.  However, I couldn;t really point you in the direction of where
>>> to look without knowing what Linux distro you are using.
>> From my experience, it's typically udev that loads the drivers before
>> the zaptel init script does.  What you will want to do is make sure that
>> the wcte12xp and wctdm modules are added to udevs blacklist (on Fedora8
>> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist...).
>
> But then the zaptel init.d script won't load them either, right?

The blacklist is only used to ignore a module's internal aliases unless the --use-blacklist option to modprobe is specified.  Since the zaptel init script loads the modules by module name and not by their PCI aliases, the blacklist will not prevent it from functioning as intended.

> Isn't there a way to modprobe for some drivers before udev?

There are ways to modprobe arbitrary modules before udev runs, but nothing that is touched by a standard install of zaptel (as far as I'm aware).

Cheers,
Shaun