[asterisk-users] Asterisk just stops working...

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Tue May 27 13:06:24 CDT 2008

Nicolas,

Please contribute. There's a bug filed.
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12709

Thanks,
Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Nicolas Ross
Sent: May 27, 2008 1:11 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk just stops working...

My main asterisk server sometimes suddenly stop responding.

When I'm at work, I always have a ssh console opened with "asterisk -r" in
it. I have 23 sip hard and soft phones. Normaly, when I do a "sip show
peers", I see all 23 sip users and the command finishes with

23 sip peers [Monitored: 8 online, 15 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 0
offline]

for exemple.

Now, when my server begin not to respond, when I do a sip show peers, I only

see a subset of the users, and not the summary line. If I do other commands
like "core show channels", it simply shows nothing at all. Not even a "0
active channels". Reload, or any other similar commands goes unansered. The
"core" works as it still answers calls on the PRI, but sip extensions can't
be reached, etc.

When it does this, I have to completly stop asterisk, often having to kill
the processes, and then start it back again.

We have a PRI with MTS/Allstream on a sangoma quad-port card, one other port

is used to hookup a dial-up RAS, another one is used to do a point-to-point
link with our office.

The server is CentOS 5, and I am up to date with Asterisk 1.4.20.

On a local support forum, I have been suggested that I compile asterisk with

DEBUG_THREADS and do a "core show locks" when it happens.

core show locks simply shows nothing...