[asterisk-users] Why "should not run FastAGI on the same server" ?

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue May 27 04:59:33 CDT 2008

Hello,

There is nothing wrong at all with running FastAGI on the same server
as Asterisk. In fact a couple years ago, moving our call logging
script from an AGI to a FastAGI in VICIDIAL reduced the load on the
machine by over 50%. This might be an extremem example, but it
illustrates the gains that can be made using FastAGI even on the same
server.

MATT---