[asterisk-users] Card loading order...

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Mon May 26 17:27:07 CDT 2008

On May 26, 2008 05:23:10 pm Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I am having a problem with a couple servers.  They both have a Digium
> TE110P and a TDM04B card.  I have setup the system so the TE110P uses
> channels 1-31 and the TDM04B 32-35.  The problem is that when we reboot the
> server sometimes the TDM04B is recognized first and the TE110P second so
> the configuration fails.

Probably you have the modules listed somewhere else that they are getting
loaded from.  However, I couldn;t really point you in the direction of where
to look without knowing what Linux distro you are using.

If you were running Gentoo you'd find it in /etc/modules/autoload.d/kernel-2.
[46] depending on your kernel version.

On (I believe) all Debian-derivitates (ie. Ubuntu) you'd find it
in /etc/modules

Fedora/RHEL/CentOS I *THINK* its /etc/modules.autoload

You could also have udev setup to do module autoloading

What you might want to do is setup your box to not load the zaptel init script
at bootup, reboot the box and see if you have the zaptel modules loaded (via
lsmod), your goal will be to keep digging around your system to find out what
is loading the modules and get it to stop, then re-setup the zaptel init
script and it should load them in the proper order for you.

If you watch the console output of your server booting and what loads just
before/just after you see the zaptel stuff go by, it might give you some
clues as to when the modules are being loaded which might help you track it
down.

--
Matt
http://www.mattgwatson.ca