[asterisk-users] AMI Redirect between MeetMe rooms

Girts Graudins ggraudins at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 19:35:38 CDT 2008

Hello group,

We were running Asterisk 1.4.9 until we ran into the bug where Monitor()ing a channel that's sitting in a MeetMe() room would only record one leg of the conversation.  Shucks.  Did some checking around, saw some similar issues on the list, decided to upgrade to see if it's been fixed.

Upgraded to 1.4.20.  The good news - it's fixed, works like a charm.  The bad news - now it seems doing an AMI redirect of a channel between two MeetMe() conferences successfully puts the channel in the new MeetMe() (the target), but the old MeetMe() (the source) still hears the channel, even though AMI tells us that there was a MeetMeLeave event, etc.  Looks very much like a bug.  Anyone seen this bizarre behavior?

The setup is as follows:

The channel is a Zap channel - Zap/N-1

The meetmes are very straight forward:
[conf]
exten => _X.,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN},d)

The scenario is equally simple - let's say Zap/1-1 is sitting in 1 at conf.  If I do an

action: redirect
channel: Zap/1-1
context: conf
exten: 2
priority: 1

2 at conf now hears Zap/1-1 and all is well, except that 1 at conf also (still!) hears Zap/1-1.  Didn't work that way before.  When was this introduced?

Thoughts?

Girts