[asterisk-users] (Newbie)How to reduce security risks inopening IAX & Sip Ports

Shaun voipsw at gmail.com
Sat May 24 13:09:58 CDT 2008

Dear Tzafrir,

Thank you for the kind response. Will do further searching, but my initial
findings are that very little is available on the net regarding the actual
ports.

Its on a public ip hosted at an isp and have full control over machine.
There is one other port that needs to be opened to handle an sms application
links and outbound smtp traffic.
Running CentOS 5 .

My main issue is around securing the system after having opened up for SIP
an IAX traffic.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Shaun Wingrin