[asterisk-users] Asterisk semi-hangs

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Sat May 24 09:28:08 CDT 2008

Welcome to the club.
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-May/212281.html ->
Another similar issue.
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12709 -> Bug report for it.

Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Carles Pina i
Estany
Sent: May 24, 2008 7:56 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk semi-hangs

Hello,

(Note: again, I'm asking for experiences/suggestions, because
we have a problem in some environment that it's quite difficult to
debug, test, etc.)

I have seen, during last year, that some Asterisk has hangup up. I mean,
not crashing, we could access to Asterisk console, but phones couldn't
call. Doing "dial xxxx at context" was not doing/showing anything, even
with verbose setted up as 99. This was in Asterisk 1.2

Now, in a couple of Asterisk 1.4 boxes (I think that Asterisk
1.4.19.2?), this has happened again. Not often, every some months maybe,
etc. One installation is only using VoIP, so I don't think that it's a
Zaptel, Misdn, etc. problem.

Even typing "stop now" nothing is happening, killall asterisk either,
only killall -9 asterisk.

We use a standard installation (no extra modules, etc.)

Debian distribution, our Kernel.

Has anyone some experience like this? Anything to tune? or something
to see? (logs doesn't say a lot, and hard disk is not full :-) )

We would like to avoid that this is happening again, understand why is
happening, etc.

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona