[asterisk-users] reload stopping EVERYTHING on CLI and causing havoc.

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Thu May 22 12:49:27 CDT 2008

Hi,

Yesterday I made a change in queues.conf and so tried doing a reload
app_queue.so in the CLI. (Using 1.4.18). It didn't seem to do anything,
infact all action on CLI stopped.

Then, I did a reload. Same thing.

After that there was no other way.. because even stop now wouldn't work, so
I did a service asterisk restart

And then asterisk kept giving the same thing on prompt "Died successfully"
and all that it usually says when you issue a stop now, except it kept
showing that on root prompt after doing a service asterisk restart.

Did a killall asterisk, and finally it stopped.

Then started asterisk service. It was fine.

Did a full restart at night, and it was fine.

NOW, I wanted to do a reload again today mid-day when in full use, and it
still didn't work, and ALL of the above happened again.

--

How do I diagnose what's causing this?

Thanks,

Mark.