[asterisk-users] Asterisk Database Handling

Sanjay Rajdev sanjay.rajdev at featherstoneinformatics.com
Wed May 21 17:18:00 CDT 2008

I had a similar problem, but in my case we had a custom application that was throwing an segmentation exception which was causing Asterisk to Restart. And in that case It use to miss the log in database.
You can determine the same by looking at the UNIQUEID being logged for the call. The UNIQUEID actually comprises of 2 things DateTimeString.CallNumber , everytime Asterisk restarts CallNumber will start from 1. So you can check the 2-3 UNIQUEID before you missed entry in CDR table and 2-3 after the missed entry to determine if Asterisk Restarted.
Other way is you can see the kernel logs to see if Asterisk has thrown any exception. they can be found on Linux at /var/log/messages

Regards,
Sanjay Rajdev