[asterisk-users] Error Counters on PRI Circuit

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed May 21 10:59:57 CDT 2008

Hello,

In Asterisk you can type "zap show status" to at least show you some
basic error information:
CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ        bpviol     CRC4
wanpipe1 card 0                          OK         0          0          0
wanpipe2 card 1                          OK         0          0          0
wanpipe3 card 2                          OK         0          0          0
wanpipe4 card 3                          RED        0          0          0

I also just want to mention that on Sangoma T1/E1 cards you get
several tools for looking at the errors and statistics for each
circuit with the wanpipe drivers.

Here are some examples of the info you get:

                w3g1: AFT OPERATIONAL STATISTICS

             Number of frames transmitted:   17
              Number of bytes transmitted:   136
                      Transmit Throughput:   0
 Transmit frames discarded (length error):   0
                Transmit frames realigned:   0

                Number of frames received:   17
                 Number of bytes received:   136
                       Receive Throughput:   0
    Received frames discarded (too short):   0
     Received frames discarded (too long):   0
Received frames discarded (link inactive):   0

HDLC link active/inactive and loopback statistics
                           Times that the link went active:   17
         Times that the link went inactive (modem failure):   16
     Times that the link went inactive (keepalive failure):   0
                                         link looped count:   0

And there is a lot more information in there that helps to debug and
monitor troubled circuits.

MATT---