[asterisk-users] asterisk black holing h263

Voip Asterisk asterisk at wideideas.com
Tue May 20 14:35:46 CDT 2008

I'm trying to get asterisk to proxy h263 for a video call, but not having
any luck.  I have posted a full call trace here:

http://pastebin.com/d330aecb5

While watching a full packet dump on the asterisk node, I can see the h263
coming in from the clients, but it never leaves (asterisk never originates 1
h263 packet).  You can see on line 123 of the pastebin that the calls get
setup without video but then h263 is renegotiated on line 456.  The second
end point sets up h263  on line 313.  I'm pretty lost as to how I can get
asterisk to play nice.  This is  Asterisk 1.4.18.1

my sip conf looks like the following:

[general]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=incoming
srvlookup=yes
canreinvite=no
videosupport=yes
qualify=yes
nat=yes
host=dynamic            ; This device registers with us
disallow=all ;better for custom-tunning codec selection
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=h263 ; H.263 is our video codec
allow=h263p ; H.263p is the enhanced video codec
dtmfmode=rfc2833 ; inband is not supported in compressed codecs like gsm, so
we better set it to rfc2833

[miles_8920_lap]
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=*****
context=internal_devices        ; the internal_devices context controls what
we can do
mailbox=8920 at sixsquares
callerid= Miles Scruggs <8920>
canreinvite=no