[asterisk-users] At whit's end was 'DHCP Failure screws up system '

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue May 20 11:17:02 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 11:51 -0400, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I'm still having issues with this system.  The phones won't stay
> registered for more then a few minutes.  They're bouncing up and down.
> I'm able to ping the phones just fine.  What I've done so far:
>
> Power cycled all phones and verified
> Power cycled all switches
> Checked the ARP tables on the routers/phone system (Seems to be okay)
> Upgraded Asterisk to 1.4.19.2
>
> Wireshark shows UDP checksum errors, but from what I can see on Google,
> this may be normal.

Not sure if this helps but iirc I've seen checksum issues on an Asterisk
& DHCP box that I was able to get rid of by turning off some of the
checksum offloading with ethtool. I have these new settings on the box
where the errors used to occur (so errors are gone now with these
settings):

rx-checksumming: off
tx-checksumming: on
scatter-gather: on