[asterisk-users] Recording problems, reinvites

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue May 20 10:00:49 CDT 2008

Andreas van dem Helge wrote:
> So why don't you just disable reinvite?
>
> Using 1.4.15 here with no issues with MixMonitor. Then again I've
> *ALWAYS* disabled reinvite because it never works for me.

Yeah, I've got some older servers running that do not have this same
problem.  I believe it's because when MixMOnitor is running, reinvites
get disabled.

I don't really want to disable reinvites as it would significantly
increase the bandwidth requirements and unnecessarily add latency to
every call.  Only a small percentage of calls need to be recorded and
thus have their audio go through asterisk rather than direct to the
endpoint.

Thanks,
Trevor Peirce