[asterisk-users] Not hearing first prompt

Erik de Wild: Tripple-o info at tripple-o.nl
Mon May 19 15:45:06 CDT 2008

This does the trick for me. Sorry for not posting it earlier

As long as there is no answer the channel takes a second pause by
jumping to (wait). As soon as the status is not "NOANSWER" anymore the
routine jumps to (go_on) and plays the "special_message" or any other
message of our choice.

exten => s,1(answer),Answer()
exten => s,n(gotoif),Gotoif($[ "${DIALSTATUS}" : "NOANSWER"]?wait:go_on)
exten => s,n(wait),Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Goto(gotoif)
exten => s,n(go_on),Playback(special_message)

Erik de Wild
Tripple-o
Your Asterisk migration partner