[asterisk-users] Fax Machine Options

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue May 20 05:38:49 CDT 2008

Lee Howard <faxguy at howardsilvan.com> writes:

> Note that if you have a fax machine that performs some variant of T.37
> (fax-over-email) and you have an on-line service provider that is
> willing to work with you... then you can rather easily get your fax
> machine faxing through their service.  (Which is yet another option.)

Tell me of a fax machine which can be programmed to do T.37 while
keeping the same UI as regular faxes, and we'll buy a hundred.

All the ones I've seen require you to type in email addresses instead
of phone numbers, or use a separate keyboard instead of the usual
numeric one. That is not acceptable for regular users.

I just want the machine to add @fax.ipvision.dk (example, this doesn't
currently work from the Internet) to the phone number and send off the
email. Authentication would be nice, but I could even live without
that.

/Benny