[asterisk-users] Fax Machine Options

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue May 20 01:37:35 CDT 2008

>and to the OP about the hardware, even a cheap grandsteam ATA will
>work just fine... that's what I use on my personal fax machine and it
>has no issues. I can't recall a time this year a fax has failed. This
>is going over the public internet and then also back out to a voip
>provider. We do use decent networks but that's about it. No QoS
>anywhere down the line.

Hey guys,
Cart got before the horse here:) Company already has SIP lines ordered and
stationary being printed :/ I need to make a fax machine work now, heh. I
thought about the IAXy only because I understood it could take an analogue
phone and interface it with Asterisk without the need for an expensive peripheral
card. I presume the grandsteam ATA accomplishes the same but uses SIP? Which one do you use
that you can say works?

What does the SIP-compliant T.38 gateway do differently over a cheap ATA?

While we are on this, can you suggest a Multifunction you have used that works?

Thanks a lot guys!
jlc