[asterisk-users] Asterisk first time user

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Mon May 19 14:52:20 CDT 2008

On May 19, 2008 03:21:34 pm Aaron Stranberg wrote:
> Folks,
>   We are a small office with remote users less than 20 total phone
> extensions, and I am looking for some guidance on choosing between
> asterisknow and a centos/ubuntu or any other os with an asterisk +
> asteriskgui build out?  Looking to get up and going quick with some method
> of GUI administration that won't require a ton of ongoing linux admin level
> support.  I hit a couple of stumbles going the asterisk + asterisk GUI
> route (404 errors on ivr page etc..)  and am tempted to take the easy path
> of asterisknow iso and go.  Thanks for any pointers, and advance apologies
> if this had been beat to death.
>
> -Aaron

IMHO, there is really no way to say "this one is best".  Each solution might
be better at X while the other is better at Y... its very dependent on your
situation....

Though, I gather you'd rather not deal with the actual OS-level, so you are
probably best to stick with one of the complete packages like AsteriskNOW,
Trixbox (they have a free and paid version), PBX in a Flash, and i;m sure
there are many others...

I haven't used any of them however so I can't really speak about the pros and
cons of them.

--
Matt
http://www.mattgwatson.ca