[asterisk-users] Asterisk concurrent calls count

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Fri May 16 06:59:15 CDT 2008

this is one very weak area for *. There is NO ANSWER.
Now in fairness to *, the answer DOES depend on a # of critical variables.
How much CODEC to CODEC transcription is going on.
How many MEET Me conferences are going on.

On the other hand, DIGIUM COULD, since they have a lab take 4-5
'standard' workloads
on two of the most common hardware boxes, say Dell & HP, and run x # of
transcriptions and
show the #'s.
Then x # of meet-me conferences.

Face it the DB Industry did this 15-2- YEARS ago with TP benckmarks

Rockwell and NORTEL can tell you this for every piece of hardware they sell.

It is a an area DIGIUM need to "man-up" in.