[asterisk-users] New Asterisk Deployment - Need some tips

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Thu May 15 16:14:48 CDT 2008

The items most people do not address are:
- QA - How do You tell if you you having Jitter,Packet Loss etc BEFORE
the user scream
- Disaster Recovery - from the small - DNS smokes - To Larger - * box
with 96 ports smokes
- Insuring EACH and EVERY piece ox network SUPPORT and USES QoS
-Vendor SLA - How do YOU measure the service, WHAT happens outside 9-5
-HW Support - Your Quad port DIGIUM card smokes. Can you live w/out it ?
Should you have a spare on hand ?
If so how many
-What TOOLS are you going to use to MONITOR this whole thing - all
servers, switches
-800 Phones - Minimum ..... Could be painful if folks are used to
traditional TELCO reliability and Quality