[asterisk-users] Polycom XML Files / asterisk

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Thu May 15 15:45:01 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Robert McNaught
<asteriskator at gmail.com> wrote:
> The way I understood it is that TFTP does not allow you to set a
> username and password in a URL
> like tftp://username:password@tftp.phonecompany.com is not possible
> when setting option 66
>
> Is it not possible to require a username and password with HTTP?  I
> assumed that you could just like if you were protecting the web root
> directory on a webserver to require authentication credentials,
> although have never tried this.

You can always limit access to HTTP for certain IP range. Isn't that
enough? Then add auth in your request string - for example:
http://provisioning.mysite.com/secure/234sdfsdf3247sd/- unless you
enable directory listing, it should be at same security level as http
with authentication or ftp (any of those can be sniffed)

Another thing I like in HTTP - you can redirect config read to execute
any script, write simple PHP that will generate resulting config, with
lookup of correct extension by MAC. Much like DHCP.

Regards,
Atis