[asterisk-users] voicemail not sending emails

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed May 14 20:37:41 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 19:45:13 Roberto Milani wrote:
> Good hint but I tested that too
>
> I sent the command line to the link called sendmail and I got my mail
> just right
> is there any other configuration in asterisk that might prevent it to
> send mails?

The only reason why it wouldn't send an email is if an email address is
not configured (third field in voicemail.conf, "email" column in realtime):

123 => 456,Firstname Lastname,email at address.com,pager at address.com

The exact command that is run is:

sh -c "( /usr/sbin/sendmail -t < /tmp/astmail-123456 ;
rm -f /tmp/astmail-123456 ) &"

Or whatever you've substituted for "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t".

--
Tilghman