[asterisk-users] voicemail not sending emails

Brett Crapser brett at websmyths.com
Wed May 14 10:24:19 CDT 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Roberto Milani wrote:

> From: OCG Technical Support <support at ocg.ca>
>
> > Permissions?  Try running msmtp from the asterisk account?  (Assuming
> > that is how you have it setup)
> > I don't know msmtp - but is there a maillog equivalent?
> >
> > MD
>
> thanks for the replies but the problem persist
>
> to recap:
>
> msmtp works just fine from the asterisk user, typing:
> echo "hello." | msmtp --debug --account=myaccount --from=myadress at server.ext
> roberto.milani at sbcglobal.net
>
> I have a log and I receive the mail.
>
> I renamed sendmail and linked msmtp and tried the above command with sendmail
> and the link works too.
>
> I removed the mailcmd from voicemail.conf
> but no email on messages not even without attachment
>
> It just does not get called from asterisk.
>
> is there a way to debug it?
>
> thanks
> Roberto

Roberto - I noticed in your original email you had the lines something like

mailcmd=/opt/local/bin/msmtp -t ; --from blah
  AND
serveremail=from=blah

In mailcmd everything after the ; will be ignored as a comment
In serveremail - well - it should throw an error...

I would probably test by adding the --debug to the mailcmd and watch
the logs. I also don't know mstmp but does it have a '-t' option?

Brett