[asterisk-users] Understanding Asterisk

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed May 14 08:57:00 CDT 2008

I am about to order some DIDs for my first install but I am unclear on how Asterisk
will function in either scenario with the two options I can order with. One option
is the DID has unlimited connections. Another option for the DID is that it has a
maximum of two concurrent calls only. How does Asterisk understand the multiple
calls that are coming in and behave for both scenarios? The phone system we are
trying to replace and therefore replicate the functionality is that of a very base
Meridian system with 3 lines.

Thanks for any guidance!
jlc