[asterisk-users] Setting CallerID UNKNOWN on an outgoing call

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Wed May 14 04:20:39 CDT 2008

Hello,

Andreas van dem Helge schrieb:
> On PRI SetCallingPres works fine it should work with ISDN because its
> the same signaling.
>
>   -= Info about application 'SetCallerPres' =-
>
> [Synopsis]
> Set CallerID Presentation
>
> [Description]
>   SetCallerPres(presentation): Set Caller*ID presentation on a call.
>   Valid presentations are:
>
>       allowed_not_screened    : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
>       allowed_passed_screen   : Presentation Allowed, Passed Screen
>       allowed_failed_screen   : Presentation Allowed, Failed Screen
>       allowed                 : Presentation Allowed, Network Number
>       prohib_not_screened     : Presentation Prohibited, Not Screened
>       prohib_passed_screen    : Presentation Prohibited, Passed Screen
>       prohib_failed_screen    : Presentation Prohibited, Failed Screen
>       prohib                  : Presentation Prohibited, Network Number
>       unavailable             : Number Unavailable

I must admit that i am alway a little bit at a loss, about most of the 9
possible settings above. Well, 'allowed' and 'unavailable' are totally
clear ;) but the Rest ??

Lets say i have a configured number range from 1000 to 1999 and 1000 is
my base number. I make an outgoing call from a phone which sets its
CallerID to 1500.

Can anyone be so kind to tell me what is shown to the callee in either case?

Thank you very much ...

--

  Tobias Wolf