[asterisk-users] No sound with Playback() and Background()

Doug Bromley doug at essentialsystems.co.uk
Wed May 14 03:48:50 CDT 2008

Hi

I've got a Dell with Intel Xeon and no Zaptel hardware installed.
However, as it needs to do IAX trunking and MeetMe conferences I need
timing enabled using ztDummy.

However, when enabling ztDummy, Playback() and Background() both fail to
play.

If I place NoOp(${PLAYBACKSTATUS}) after the Playback() call it never
reaches it. It hangs on the playback then kills the call after a certain
time.

As soon as I rmmod ztdummy and zaptel it starts working again.

I've found the following mail list thread which seems to be very similar
but no solution came to pass:
http://readlist.com/lists/lists.digium.com/asterisk-users/9/47641.html

I'd be very grateful for anyones input.

All the best.