[asterisk-users] Calls on E1 TDMoE span are dropped at random

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Wed May 14 02:43:20 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:
> Can you describe exactly how you are utilizing it, including LAN/WAN,
> switches, ping times, and other network central details.  TDMoE adds
> the E (ethernet) component to troubleshooting and I think do to this,
> it may be very fragile depending on network conditions.
>
> Don't make the mistake of just focusing on Asterisk and Zaptel in
> your troubleshooting process.

Hi!

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Yesterday evening, the telco
technician disabled a feature they call NT1 on their side, which is
supposed to be a protocol for line monitoring. We tested again and were
unable to reproduce the call dropping problem. We established 15 calls
to our private extensions to fill all 30 channels and had the calls
running throughout the night. I just checked, and they were all still
up and running. As it currently appears to me, this line monitoring
feature caused the problems. Unfortunately I have been unable to find
anything related to NT1 and line monitoring on the internet. I've been
in touch with the telco (Telekom Austria) and they will try to find
some information concerning this feature. I'll report back with more
info as soon as possible.
	Once again, thank you very much for your support! I really hope this
issue is solved (I've been searching for the cause for more than two
weeks now).

Cheers,
	Florian

--