[asterisk-users] BLF Compatible Phones

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Tue May 13 14:53:30 CDT 2008

dgray at xevio.com schrieb:
> I am new to asterisk and am looking to setup a small office with 4-6 IP
> phones and 4 analog lines from the local telco (primary line with HUNT
> to the other lines). I am considering purchase of a Digium AEX800.
>
> One of the features that will be important (particularly for the
> receptionist desk is to show status of the other lines in use). I don't
> want the receptionist to pick up a line if it being used.
>
> Is there a list of phones that are BLF (Busy Lamp Field) compatible? I'm
> assuming (after reading tons of misc articles) that this is what I need
> in order for the receptionist not to pick up lines in use. If this is
> not the case please set me straight.
>
> I am considering the cisco 7960's, linksys SPA942, and possibly some
> polycom phones. I was leaning toward the 7960 but I've read that it is
> not BLF compatible. Are there any workarounds for this? I am new to the
> game and would be grateful for any recommendations on which phones would
> be the easiest to setup, etc. I currently have a working asterisk
> install at home with a single cisco 7960 registered which isn't hooked
> up to any trunks as of yet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dayton Gray

Hello,

i would say that the best phone u can get at the moment is the Linksys
SPA962 with an SPA932 Expansion Modul. Not only BLF and short dial works
perfect without any problem, also a pickup runs without doing to much
tricks in the asterisk config.

by the way the Spa942 doesnt have blf. Maybe this one could be
interesting for u too (www.snom.com) the Snom360 but it has some bugs,
but all of the one u said have less or more :)

best regards

steve smith