[asterisk-users] Sangoma and Voicetronix cards

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon May 12 09:50:16 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Tony Mountifield
<tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> I've been having a look at some of the information on the website of
>  Voicetronix in Australia, and see that their cards make use of "wanpipe"
>  and "wanrouter". I already knew that Sangoma cards also make use of
>  those, so my question is: what is the relationship, if any, between
>  Voicetronix and Sangoma cards? Or are wanpipe and wanrouter generic
>  software components that both companies just happen to use?
>
>  Cheers
>  Tony
>  --
>  Tony Mountifield
>  Work: tony at softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk
>  Play: tony at mountifield.org - http://tony.mountifield.org

Disclaimer:  This is just what I have come to believe through
deduction.  It may not be factual.

Wanpipe and wanrouter are from Sangoma I believe (99.9% sure).

I think this is similar to BRIstuff working with many different
vendor's hardware.  Xorcom makes use of it as well as Junghanns (who
handle the original BRIstuff).  Xorcom has a version with more tools,
I am not aware of any code differences)

I believe the bottom line is a compatible chipset that allows drivers
and other software to work with different vendors.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro