[asterisk-users] Anyone Know How to Have Asterisk Work Like GranCentral and Require a Touch-Tone to Connect?

Matt Watson mwatson at becon.org
Sun May 11 12:49:46 CDT 2008

I just took a quick look at the dialplan that freepbx uses for doing call confirmation... the dialplan part of it is actually quite simple... its just a matter of setting the USE_CONFIRMATION varialbe =TRUE.

However, the actual magic looks like it happenes through its dialparties.agi... which is a little more complicated than i'd like to try and dissect on a sunday afternoon!

but that might be a good place to look at how its done to learn by example.

I know in the freepbx implementation what it does is whenever a handset thats part of the ringgroup answers, they get a recorded message "You have an incoming call, press 1 to accept" maybe it says something else too... can;t recall at the moment.  The first member of the Ring group to hit 1 gets the call... if more than 1 person picks up the handset right away, the first to hit 1 gets it, and the rest hear a "sorry, too late, somebody else got it"-type message (no idea what it actually says).