[asterisk-users] Anyone Know How to Have Asterisk Work Like GranCentral and Require a Touch-Tone to Connect?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Sun May 11 12:40:17 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Robert DeVries <rdlists at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > GrandCentral has a feature where when you call the GrandCentral number it
>  > can ring multiple phones.  However, it's not the first phone to answer that
>  > gets connected, but the first phone to answer AND play a touch-tone after
>  > hearing a recording.  The advantage of this is that if one of the called
>  > phones has voicemail, it won't get connected to the calling party because
>  > the VM won't send a touch tone in response to the recording, unlike a live
>  > person.
>  >
>  > I have always resisted implementing a multiple ring scenario with Asterisk
>  > that included a cellphone because of the voicemail answering problem, but
>  > this seems to be a solution.
>  >
>  > Anyone know how to implement it with Asterisk?
>  >

>  GREAT IDEA!  (even if it wasn't yours ;-)
>
>  I have had so many issues with this and desk phones, cell phones being
>  out of range, turned off, or answering machines set to answer after
>  two rings.
>
>  If this gets implemented, it would be a great feature and save me tons
>  of complaints and explanations.
>
>  Maybe a posting on the dev list is appropriate.  I would certainly
>  contribute to a bounty.

Wouldn't a answer macro do exactly what required. It should be
executed before bridge, so ANSWER shouldn't be passed upon it's
completed. It can read some tone from keypad, and if that confirms,
continue by bridging channels.

So, this should work with at least queue in ring-all mode (i feel that
it would be correct if Dial would do that too)

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,