[asterisk-users] Best Linux distribution to use in Asterisk server

Matt Watson mwatson at becon.org
Sat May 10 11:03:51 CDT 2008

I'm a Gentoo guy myself too... but the best advice I can give is just re-hashing what others have already set... pick whatever you are the most comfortable with... and if support contracts are important to you, then that will be a factor as well.  I've used most of bigger distros out there over the last 10 years, but right now Gentoo is where I am at.

It also might depend on if you intend on using Asterisk from the package system fo your distro or if you intend on compiling it yourself.  On my * box I compile Asterisk, Zaptel, LibPRI by hand, everything else I've installed from portgage (Gentoo's package system).

--
Matt