[asterisk-users] ztdummy problems

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat May 10 03:53:16 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:33:30PM -0500, Perssy Llamosas wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have found some strange problem with the ztdummy timing, maybe you
> have already have this problem before, I would appreciate some hints
> here or maybe I need to file a bug.
>
> First of all, some background:
> I decided to upgrade my testing machine to the current version of
> Asterisk (1.4.13 to 1.4.19.1).
> I have tried this before and the result was the same, I am guessing that
> something must have changed in the zaptel code from 1.4.7 upwards since
> this process always fails in the same timing issue.
>
> Installing:
> Everything went ok until I found this issue, Playback never actually
> playing anything, hanging there forever.
> Unloading the zaptel modules makes Playback work as it should, it's not
> the expected setup.
> without outputting anything.
> Trying compiling ztdummy without RTC since that worked fine in a Xen
> virtual machine, no success.
>
> This particular computer works fine under Asterisk 1.4.13 and zaptel 1.4.6
>
> lspci shows that there is an usb device:
> 00:1f.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM USB Controller #1
> (rev 01)

ztdummy does not use the USB uhci host controller for timing in kernel
2.6 .

It seems that there are some problems with ztdummy rtc and the CentOS
kernel (or 2.6.18 in general? Anything that uses RTC? I hear suprisingly
few reports about it with the Etch kernel. I wonder if there is actually
a difference or just a report bias).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com