[asterisk-users] ztdummy problems

Perssy Llamosas pllamosas at telecall.com.pe
Fri May 9 23:33:30 CDT 2008

Hello list,

I have found some strange problem with the ztdummy timing, maybe you
have already have this problem before, I would appreciate some hints
here or maybe I need to file a bug.

First of all, some background:
I decided to upgrade my testing machine to the current version of
Asterisk (1.4.13 to 1.4.19.1).
I have tried this before and the result was the same, I am guessing that
something must have changed in the zaptel code from 1.4.7 upwards since
this process always fails in the same timing issue.

Installing:
Everything went ok until I found this issue, Playback never actually
playing anything, hanging there forever.
Unloading the zaptel modules makes Playback work as it should, it's not
the expected setup.
without outputting anything.
Trying compiling ztdummy without RTC since that worked fine in a Xen
virtual machine, no success.

This particular computer works fine under Asterisk 1.4.13 and zaptel 1.4.6

lspci shows that there is an usb device:
00:1f.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM USB Controller #1
(rev 01)

lsusb shows there is one device.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

So what am I doing wrong? The computer has a Centos Linux 5 with the
minimal install, not even base was selected. It's an IBM NetVista pIII 1GHz.

Help is appreciated.

Perssy Llamosas.